Think you've got what it takes?
We are looking for young and inspiring teachers who are passionate about shaping the next generation of musicians.
Here at Pelican Music, we're very careful about who we hire. We pay some of the best and fairest rates in the business and we place a lot of trust in the professionals we employ. We therefore set the bar slightly higher than you might expect.
In order to be considered for a teaching position, you must meet all the following criteria.
- Have or be studying towards a degree in music or hold DipABRSM or similar in teaching Grade 8 or equivalent standard on your first instrument.
- Competency in music theory, improvisation and sight reading
- At least 6 months experience in teaching children
- A clean criminal record and a recent DBS check (formerly known as the CRB check). If you do not have one we will help you arrange one.
- Be a member of the musicians union
A proficiency with keyboard skills is also seen as a positive.
Please also check our teaching agreement before applying.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is to send us a C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you have any questions, fill out and submit the form below and we'll get back to you.
To give you an idea of the sort of things we like to see, the following are strong positives:
- Previous instrumental teaching experience
- At least a 2.1 degree qualification from a reputable music school, or university.
What Happens Next?
Upon receiving your application, we will aim to respond as soon as possible and if a suitable position is available you will likely be brought in for interview. Following that we will set up an appointment to view an observed lesson.
If a position is not available, we will keep your details on file for future opportunities and may reach out at a later date.